What is the difference between Gel nails and Acrylic nails?
- May 10, 2018 -
· Gel nails can allow those allergic to acrylic or nail resin to enjoy an extension service
· Healthier option for your nails
· Dries faster than regular polish
· Different from the dip powder
· Lasts longer than normal polish
· Many gel nail clients report that gel nails feel more natural and less rigid than acrylic nail extensions
· Soft gel nails (gel polish) are easily removed with acetone when soaked or wrapped for about 8–15 minutes and do little to no damage to the natural nail
· Gel polish manicures can last up to 3 weeks with no chipping, peeling or cracking
· Leaves a glossier finish
· Gel nails do not produce any odor
· The curing time is very fast when using an L.E.D. light. This can be as low as 5–10 seconds with a 36 watt LED lamp. More powerful lamps are appearing all the time with 60 watts being available at the time of writing.
· Gel polish nails mean nails are dry immediately upon completion of the service so no worry about smudging or ruining one's manicure
· Holds shine and does not fade like regular nail polish
· Acrylic is much harder. We want our nails to bend when whacked against something hard. Gel provides that flexibility. Gel takes the brunt of the force and cracks, but usually the nail won’t break.
Related Industry Knowledge